RWR and, well, RWR  

Friday, June 17, 2005

HS Delftsman sent me this articel by Jack Kemp a few days ago. He though it was kind of funny. Of course, I agreed.

It's not rocket science, voodoo or magic. It's incentive-oriented economics. Cut tax rates, generate more economic growth, slow the growth of federal spending, capture higher revenues to make a down payment on personal retirement accounts.

Stop the raid; start the accounts. I believe on these points, JFK and RWR would have agreed.


No. Jack Kemp has not joined the readership of RWR. At least not to my knowledge. It would be nice, of course, but as far as I know, not so.

What happened here was a little play on the initials thing we've been doing with guys like FDR and JFK. It had completely slipped my mind, but RWR happen to be the initials of the greatest president of the 20th century, Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Yup. "RWR" and "RWR" do agree on a great many things. In fact, I happen to consider myself a "New Federalist" in the Reagan tradition, as I have said before. The Patriot Post Blog found in my blogRWRoll is a New Federalist publication. I read the entire New Federalist Platform and was only able to find ONE thing with which I really disagree (for now, we won't sweat exactly what it was).

In my lifetime, some of the worst excuses for presidents have held office. I was born during the LBJ Administration, one of the most anti-constitution presidencies in the history of the US. Then on to Nixon and Ford, a couple of what we today would call RINOs. Carter. I don't even have to go anywhere with that one. After Reagan, George H.W. Bush (would have been fine if he would have just let Democrats be Democrats and acted like a Republican). Then Clinton (the only elected president in history to be impeached and/or held in contempt of court for perjury).

President Bush seems to be keeping things alive, but I still doubt history will judge him as a Reagan.

It was refreshing to have eight years of a President whose legacy would be the end of many awful things, including 90% income tax rates and the Soviet Union. These things were a cancer on the heart of the free world, and I, for one, am glad they are gone.

Reagan's inspiration and belief in all Americans' talents and abilities made us both the envy of, and the great example for, the world. Therefore, the "RWR" signoff is heretofore more than just my blog signature, it's a tribute to one of the greatest men America and the world ever knew.

Thanks, Delftsman and Jack Kemp for showing me the light.

RWR