Some Random Thoughts  

Thursday, February 09, 2006

In preparation for the recent blogoversary, I considered a few changes. Minor ones. I really have enjoyed the "Red and Black" template, hence its long tenure here. I added a right column, though, which I want to use as a "profit center".

The first year of blogging was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever become involved in. Adding advertising to the blog has some profit potential, but only with a lot of work commenting at other blogs and posting here. At some point, I will start advertising on other blogs and maybe some other places as well.

Do I want to blog full-time? Of this I'm still not sure. Making a living at a hobby is something that's not easily done. It does seem to have some advantages, though. For now, I'd like to do what I can to increase readership and make this more fun for everyone. Bloggers who read and/or comment here are encouraged to continue doing so, and readers who haven't been commenting are encouraged to start doing so as well. As always, links and kudos are ALWAYS appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for making the first year a great one, and thanks in advance for making the second even better!

RWR