Ol' BC ... Prophet  

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dateline January 21, 2011:

I posted a piece just to celebrate that the Phillies had brought back the amazing Clifton Phifer Lee, pitcher extraordinaire.

Fast forward to now:

He's had an amazing season, having been named Pitcher of the Month TWICE in the same season. Were it not for a tough July, Cliff's ERA could be below 1. I sure hope Reuben Amaro enjoyed the shit pie Cliff fed him every five days this season. He even hit two home runs, even calling the one he hit at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Cliff Lee is truly one of the finest to ever take the mound.

But the real news this season in this amazing guy's achievements is a comment from Ol' BC on that very post this past January:

The Phillies just won their 100th game.
As I write tonight, the Phillies are down a run in the 8th. They have won 101 games, tying the franchise record set twice in the 70s. Not only did Cliff Lee contribute to a 100-win season, but get this:

CLIFF LEE WAS THE STARTER AND THE WINNING PITCHER MONDAY WHEN THE PHILLIES RECORDED THEIR 100TH WIN.

That's right. Ol' BC not only predicted a 100 win season for the Phillies, but also backed into predicting the winning pitcher.

I'm definitely looking forward to the postseason. It's going to be a lot of fun.

I attended three minor league games this season, and my teams were 1-1 with a rainout. If, like me, you love the game but money is tight, I highly recommend the minor league experience. Whether you go to an independent league or a franchise, you can't beat the value. At our local ballpark (Camden, NJ), parking is 5 bucks and the most expensive seat in the house is $13. Food and drinks are also fair.

As for the political scene, I'm just hanging out and observing the foolishness. I shake my head every day not only at the Democrat stupidity of the day, but also at the Republican stupid response to it. It's not looking good for 2012, folks. Get ready to be stuck with another liberal loser to vote for.

Then just bend over ... here it comes again.

GO PHILS!

RWR