Inspired  

Saturday, June 30, 2012

I know I have been light on the posting for a long time.  I'm not sure what to attribute it to, but I believe it must be a combination of things: work being light, issues in the home, money pretty much gone, and about to lose my first child to the world of university living just to name a few.

My passion for America has not waned.  However, as I have noted in previous posts, I cannot support Mitt Romney as POTUS with Obamneycare in place.  It's long been time for Americans to stand up against these tyrants, and swapping tyrant for tyrant is not the answer.  With Obamneycare off the table, we could have at least had an economic recovery and moved on to restoration of liberty in 2016 or 2020.  Now that neither will be possible under Romney (and I do hope I am wrong), I now seek a better candidate.  To run myself would require a big push from a lot of people at this point, but there are excellent examples of people who could be counted on to minimize the corrupting effect of government office.

Two individuals commenting at michellemalkin.com have, however, inspired me to get back into the blogging ring closer to the extent that I have in the past.  For this you can thank "martin.musculus" and "Pratus".  Pratus specifically has inspired me to get back to the task of updating the Federalist Party Platform, which I will get started on right away.  I also want to consider putting together some sort of group chat, where we can work together off-blog to influence people to our positions.

There should also be more activity from those involved in The Second American Revolution, a multi-blogger site to which I would like to invite more federalist bloggers as well as hope for more contributions from the current crowd there.  If you want to participate, please hit me up in the comment area and leave an email address.  I will delete the message as soon as I have it.

It's more important now than ever that the tyranny that is Washington, DC is brought to its knees.  The Constitution was meant to keep government from being this powerful, not to enable it.  Even as it didn't really stop government growth, it was designed for an active people to keep it in check.  As the people have allowed it to grow, so has it grown.  It was the people who allowed this to happen.  Only the people can stop it.

RWR

Cross-posted at The Second American Revolution.